Gridsome is a Vue-powered static site generator for building super fast, modern PWA & SPA websites for any data source. It brings many powerful features to the table that makes it fun and easy to build highly optimized websites without being a performance expert.
- Local development with hot-reloading - See code changes in real-time.
- Vue.js for frontend - A lightweight and approachable front-end framework.
- Centralized data management - Use a local GraphQL data layer for all data.
- Automatic page routing - Quickly create and manage pages with files.
- Auto optimized code - Get code-splitting and asset optimization out-of-the-box.
- Static site generation - Deploy securely and fast to any Static Web Host.
- Data source plugins - Add data from popular Headless CMSs, APIs or Markdown-files.
Gridsome requires Node.js and recommends Yarn. 👉 How to setup
1. Install Gridsome CLI tool
npm install --global @gridsome/cli
2. Create a Gridsome project
gridsome create my-gridsome-siteto create a new project
cd my-gridsome-siteto open folder
gridsome developto start local dev server at
- Happy coding 🎉🙌
3. Next steps
.vuecomponents in the
/pagesdirectory to create pages.
gridsome buildto generate static files in a