Gridsome is a Vue.js-powered, modern site generator for building the fastest possible websites for any Headless CMS, APIs or Markdown-files. Gridsome makes it easy and fun for developers to create fast, beautiful websites without needing to become a performance expert.
- Local development with hot-reloading - See code changes in real-time.
- Data source plugins - Use it for any popular Headless CMSs, APIs or Markdown-files.
- File-based page routing - Quickly create and manage pages with files.
- Vue.js for frontend - A lightweight and approachable front-end framework.
- Auto-optimized code - Get code-splitting and asset optimization out-of-the-box.
- Static files generation - Deploy securely to any CDN or static web host.
Gridsome requires Node.js and recommends Yarn. How to setup
1. Install Gridsome CLI tool
npm install --global @gridsome/cli
2. Create a Gridsome project
gridsome create my-gridsome-siteto create a new project
cd my-gridsome-siteto open folder
gridsome developto start local dev server at
- Happy coding 🎉🙌
3. Next steps
.vuecomponents in the
/pagesdirectory to create page routes.
gridsome buildto generate static files in a